Tuesday, January 21, 2014

9. Asparagus on the grill pan / 10. Baby spinach with garlic and soy sauce

I like to take asparagus spears, as thin as possible, and cut off some of the bottoms. I brush on some olive oil and then sprinkle with dry basil, thyme, ground black pepper, salt etc... then I heat my grill pan to high and lay them across so they get grill marks. They cook rapidly so I watch over them and remove with tongs. (The oil will smoke a bit so keep the fan on.) This is easy and delicious, almost tapa-like.

***

I often brown a clove or two of chopped garlic in a skillet, then add the raw spinach, which will cook rapidly. When it is done I just put a bit of soy sauce in it and serve immediately. Both these vegetable dishes are quick and easy. Much better than boiled asparagus or steamed spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment