Wednesday, January 29, 2014

15. Feta and Olives with balsamic garlic sauce / 16. Caramelized onions with curry



I carmelized some onions, at the end adding a pinch of curry and cayenne, some cumin, both whole and ground.

I ate this meal with kalamata and Spanish olives and feta marinated with olive oil, garlic, and balsamic vinegar.

I had sauteed the finely chopped garlic briefly in the olive oil, to make the garlic milder and to make the oil absorb the flavor more.

The same dressing went on some sauteed spinach. I also made a simple omelet with eggs and cheese, and fried some slices of baked potato left over from the night before last. Accompanied by coffee, as you can see. I was cooking for 45 minutes, mostly because the onions took that long to carmelize properly. That allowed me to think about what else I was making. The omelet was fine, but the real star of the meal was the feta and balsamic.

No comments:

Post a Comment